- What personal data we collate
- In what way we collect your data
- In what way we use your data
- Marketing, adverts, and cookies information
- Legalities on links to other websites, and third-party links
- How we may share your data
- Your rights
- How we will inform you of changes to this policy
- Information on how to contact us
Who are Platin EDGE
Platin EDGE is a top brand leisurewear fashion retail company, our company design, source, market and sell clothing, accessories, shoes, and beauty products across the world.
Our commitment to our customers
Data is only collected for the following reasons:
- Complete your purchases from our websites
- Complete orders made on your behalf via the use of vouchers and e-cards
- To improve your buyer’s journey
- To allow us to improve our services
- To communicate with you following our refer a friend service
- To communicate any offers and new fashion trends that are available
- To ask you to fill out quick surveys to find out what products you may be interested in in the future
- To meet any legalities
How do we store your data
We have industry safeguards in place which allow us to protect your data effectivly, covering; preventing the loss of data, used, or accessed in an unauthorised way.
All connections via your browser and our websites are secure encrypted connections, thus your data is protected.
Any third party who wants to process your personal data on our behalf is required to have security measurements in place, thus protecting your personal data. Any data accessed via a third party on our behalf, has to treat the data in accordance with international law.
In the rare occurrence, there is a data breach, you will be notified, as will any applicable data regulator, when we are required by law to do so.
The types of personal data we collect from you
The term personal data means data from an individual that helps to identify them. It does not include anonymised data.
Our websites are made for the general audience, however, we will not accept data from children under the age of 13, and do not sell our products to children. If you fall in the age category of under 13, you are not permitted to submit any data on our websites.
Personal data that is collected:
- Identity Data, information such as; first name, last name, title, occupation, personal description, date of birth (optional), photo, and gender.
- Contact Data, includes data such as; email address, billing address, location, country, delivery address, telephone number, social media id (if you log in by social media), and any current loyalty program membership account numbers.
- Financial Data includes data such as; bank account numbers, and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes data such as; details of your purchases and the fulfillment of your orders (such as basket number, order number, subtotal, title, currency, discounts, shipping, number of items, product number, single item price, category, tax etc.); payments to you for refunds, and payments from you, details of other products and services you have obtained from us in the past, timeline correspondence or communications with you in respect of your orders, and a history of your purchases that have rewards and bonuses added to them.
- Profile Data includes information such as: purchases or orders made by you, product and style interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses.
- Technical Data includes data such as: Your Internet IP address, what device you are browsing our website from, your login details, time zone and location, browser type and what version the browser is, any browser plugin types, the operating system you are using, and which platform.
- Usage Data includes data such as: information on how you use our website and app, this can include information such as, how you navigate around our website/app, performance data, how much traffic our website and app receive, location of users, weblogs to include other communication data, any loyalty program activities, and any other services or products purchased by you.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes data such as: How you wish to receive communications from us for marketing and communications purposes, to include third parties.
How do we collect your data?
Your personal data may be collected in the following way:
- Direct communication – your personal data such as; Identity, Contact, Financial, Transaction, Profile, and Marketing and Communications data, may be passed to us because you filled out a form on one of our websites/apps, adding your details online via a third party website, sending in information to us by post, by telephone, by email, or other forms not mentioned here.
- This includes personal information you enter on our website or app:
- Create an account forms
- Utilise our refer a friend function on our website or app
- Purchase products or services via our website or app
- Subscribe to our information services such as, newsletter, social media sites, discussion boards, blogs, or wish lists
- Take part in a market research survey
- Entering a competition
- Join one of our loyalty programs
- Contact our customer service to report a problem or to suggest an idea. Communication maybe by phone, social media, messaging services, or email
- If you access our websites via social media login
- Third parties– sometimes various third parties may send us your data, to include:
- Personal identity and contact data via another individual who has purchased an e-card or voucher on your behalf, or via the use of our refer a friend option on our website or app.
- Technical data from affiliate networks that you have found our website from
- Identity and contact data from social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. This data is collected when you access our website via a social media platform login.
- Identity and contact data from third parties, these may include law enforcement organisations, and other organisations and groups who share data to prevent, and detect fraud, also organisations that perform credit checks.
- Contact, transaction, and financial data from providers of payment gateway, technical (including cloud security), and delivery services.
How we use your personal data
Your personal data is only collected in situations wehre we are legally allowed to. As a data controller, the basis for the collection of your data varies by law, depending on the way and reason for which we collected it.
Your personal data will only be collected from you when:
- Your consent has been granted to do so, or
- Your personal data is needed to make a contract with you. This contract could be, to process an online transaction such as payment via our payment gateway, or the use of Paypal, provide customer support connected with an order you have made via one of our websites or apps, or
- The processing of such data is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your personal data rights, or
- We have been asked by a legal organisation to disclose your personal data to them
How do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data to help us with many different activities to help make your shopping journey a better one. The way we use your personal data are listed below. The information below includes the uses and also the legal bases we rely on when using your data, it also includes our legitimate uses of your personal data. It is a good idea to make you aware that sometimes we may process your personal data using a multitude of lawful activities, these depend on the specific activities involved. If you have any questions regarding how your personal data is being used, and to what legal requirement they are applicable to, in relation to the use of your personal data, please contact us. Legal grounds have also been set out below.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing the personal data including the basis of legitimate interest|
|To create a new account, thus registering you as a new customer, this could be done via social media or directly.||
|To effectivly process your order, steps to include: recording order details captured from order forms, realtime information relating to your order delivery progress, process payments and action refunds as applicable, debt collection, automated decision making to prevent fraud and to detect fraudulent activity.||
|To invite you to take part in a competition, this may lead to you winning free products or services, participate in a survey, or receive some sort of reward for shopping with us – to include a loyalty discount membership offer||
|To incorporate the correct running, protection, and improvement of our business and our website/app. This could include quality checking, troubleshooting, bug fixing, testing, support, hosting, maintenance to include cloud scaffolding, data analysis, data analysis, and reporting. also for technology development such as multi-language and currency changes on our websites and apps.||
|To provide quality website and app content to you, information, and advertisements. Plus analyzing the effectiveness of the advertising we conduct.||
|To utilise analytics cloud software solutions, thus improving our websites and apps, products, services, customer relationships, business relationships, customer user experience, and marketing initiatives. Also, for statistical and survey purposes.||
|To advise you on products and services, offers, discounts, out of service, superseded products, and insurance, that you may find of interest. This information may be sent by post, email, instant messenger, whats app, or text.||
|We normally will remind you to complete any tasks you may of left uncomplete, such as completing orders or abandoning shopping carts.||
|To protect our customers, our company, and our websites and apps from fraudulent activity and theft.||
|To carry out transactions and deliver any e-card product orders, taking payment, and to include full communication with you or a third party, if delivering to another person.||
Your data will only be used for the purpose that we originally collected it, unless we deem it appropriate to use the data for another related purpose, but only a related use. If we need to use your data for another purpose, we will contact you, and explain to you the reason we need to use it, also we will explain to you the legal basis that allows us to use this data for another purpose. Also, we may process your data without contacting you, as per the data rules above, which gives us permission to do so, and where it is required and, or permitted by law.
Please direct your questions regarding your personal data to our Data Protection Department at, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To what time frame do you keep data
Your personal data will be kept for no longer than is deemed necessary for the reasons it was collected for, and to meet any legal obligations we are regulated by. If you have any questions regarding time frames, please contact us.
Marketing preferences (what you want to receive), adverts, and cookies
Marketing – your preferences (what you want to receive)
At times we may provide communications we may deem important to you, to include promotional offers, you may receive this information:
- If you have an account with us via one of our websites, or have a closed account but have ordered products and services from us in the past. You could have also entered a promotion, or event, and have opted to receive marketing communications. You may receive communication via:
- Email if you have opted in for email communications and or email newsletters
- You may have provided us with your personal data when you entered one of our competitions, and agreed to receive marketing communications via signing up for the competition.
During our marketing activities and research, we may use your personal data to form a buyer’s profile, this will enable us to send information to you relating to products and services you will be interested in. Thus we can send you information on new products, and promotions that may be of interest to you. The data we collect to enable us to provide this service includes, Identity, technical, transactional, marketing, contact, and profile data.
We will always ask you what your preference is to receiving marketing communications throughout your buyer’s journey on our websites and apps. Normally the communication channels we use to send you marketing material are, email, SMS, post, social media, and other communication apps such as WhatsApp.
Sometimes within our communications, we may send you information from third parties, but only if we think you will be interested in their services or products.
All the while we will only send you third party marketing material with your prior consent, this is normally obtained via an opt-in form.
As our customer, you will always have full control over receiving marketing material either from us, or via a third party through us. To opt-out of marketing communications:
- You can unsubscribe from any marketing material sent to you at the bottom of a received email
Once we have received the opt-our request we will action it as soon as possible, please bear in mind that it can take a couple of days to action an opt-out request.
Your personal data collected from countries outside of Europe
If you need further information regarding your data protection outside of Europe, please contact us.
Your rights as our customer
As an eCommerce customer you have several rights under the data privacy legislation, to include:
- Access to your personal data at any time
- Instruct us to correct/update your personal data
- Instruct us to remove your personal data from our database
- Instruct us not to process your personal data and to restrict it from being used for certain purposes
- Instruct us to transfer your personal data to another place
- Instruct us not to process your personal data
- Instruct us to use humans for automated decision making
If you require any further information in relation to your rights as our customer please contact us at, email@example.com.
Making a complaint
If you would like to raise a complaint with respect to how we process your personal data, please email us. You can also make a complaint to the ICO. But we would also like the chance to hear your complaint before you contact the ICO, so we can rectify the situation.
Changes to this privacy notice